According to the most common interpretation of biblical prophecy, Jesus will return only after things have gone horribly awry. Imagine the consequences if any significant component of the U.S. government believed that the world was about to end and that its ending would be glorious. The fact that nearly half of the American population apparently believes this should be considered a moral and intellectual emergency.” - Sam Harris

When Americans stops referring to the Bible as a reference for when Jesus is coming back, I'll be thrilled because how is it, he hasn't come back yet? This isn't the first time the world has become "morally" corrupt. I mean how many times will they come up with another reason as to why the prediction of the year 2000 being the "end of days" never came true? I'm guessing that's just a small oversight. And quite honestly, if he is coming back I'd like to see him chillin' with Mahatma Ghandi, Siddharta, and Mother Theresa. At least I'll know he listened to other ideals. And look, if I'm wrong I'll be the first to say, "wow, Jesus, for one, I'm SO glad you're actually dark skinned since you were technically Middle Eastern, and two, I can accept when I'm wrong, now let's go get us some sinners --- oh wait, right, that's ALL OF US!"

I've said it once and I'll say it again, the religious right and those that demoralize others in the name of "Jesus" are not doing a very good job of interpreting the idea of "Love your neighbor as thyself".  Ok, I'm done. Shoot, not quite.

To be clear, I'm not knocking you if you're a good person, nor do I have anything against Christians, but any religion that teaches you to spend so much time focusing on the afterlife has forgotten one tiny crucial detail: if you do that and that is what your days are filled with, you're actually missing the one life you're living - RIGHT NOW. And that, people, that is the real gift. So let's put religion aside and if you are a "believer" of any religion, you are missing the core lesson in all of it which is to be KIND to one another. Less war, more thoughtfulness.

Subscribe