Dec 23, 2010

It's a Wonderful Life

post by dawn garcia |





Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?

              - George Bailey, It's a Wonderful Life

We often forget at this time of year that it isn't about the gifts we get or the things we buy. It's about the people we love. This year I am particularly missing quite a few people that had to leave this world for some reason or another. However I am grateful for the little gifts I get every day like the way my daughter looks at me and smiles. The way she holds my hand in hers or the simple gesture of a tiny little kiss just because. Christmas, to me, has become a lot harder over the years for more reasons than I can explain but won't and this year, it's a bit harder than others. BUT - I am so grateful for the lovely people in my life and above all I am grateful for the one gift I get to enjoy every day of my life: my daughter.  Never forget how fortunate we are to have the capacity to love. It is what separates us all. Be loving and generous in spirit and smile and STOP being mean or hurtful. It's taking happiness from your life. Not others. So this holiday season, I hope everyone shares a smile and a hug and reaches deep within to find the true spirit of the season which is love and kindness. It's really that simple. 

Because no matter what we're going through, it really is a wonderful life...

Subscribe